The Last Lemurian: a Westralian Romance by Scott, [George] Firth
"Adventure story set in Western Australia of the discovery of pigmy subhuman people ruled over by Tor Ymmothe, the last Lemurian." - Locke, A Spectrum of Fantasy, p. 191.
"Exuberant, somewhat ludicrous semi-juvenile adventure romance ... Motifs include a lost race of Lemurians who live around an extinct volcano; a bunyip -- a monster with a human head, crocodile body, and assorted appendages; a sleeping beauty who awakens but later crumbles into dust; a curse laid on the land by a mistreated missionary; semi-vampirism and bondage; alchemical gold; and a ghost."
- Bleiler, The Guide to Supernatural Fiction 1450.
- Bleiler, Science-Fiction: The Early Years 1982.
- Eichner, Atlantean Chronicles, p. 202.
- Blackford, et al., Strange Constellations: A History of Australian Science Fiction, p. 228.
- Larnach, Materials Towards a Checklist of Australian Fantasy to 1937 (1950), p. 20.
- Australian and New Zealand "Lost Race" Fiction in the Collection of Stuart Teitler (private list), p. 3.
- Bleiler (1978), p. 176. Reginald 12823.
London: James Bowden ... New York: M. F. Mansfield,. . original pictorial green cloth, front panel stamped in white, black, red and gold, spine panel stamped in gold..